If you can watch a clock, you can make this simple chicken dish.
- 500 grams of Chicken with bone. You cannot use the white lean breast meat for this recipe.
- Cumin Powder: 1 Teaspoon.
- Garlic paste: 1 Teaspoon, heaped.
- Juice of one lemon.
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 teaspoon.
- Chilly Powder: 1 Teaspoon.
- Salt as per taste.
- Mustard oil: 2 Tablespoons.
- Kasuri Methi: 1 Tablespoon.
Mix together the cumin, garlic, lemon, turmeric, chilly and salt. Taste it and adjust according to your taste.
Rub this spice mix on the chicken and leave it aside for 30 mins.
Heat the mustard oil. Place the chicken pieces and after 2 mins, cover the dish. Reduce the heat to low.
Open the lid and mix up the chicken pieces. Cover it.
Open the lid and mix well. There will be some liquid collected in the pan.
Take the kasuri methi and crush it on top of the pan using your palms. Mix it well. Get to high heat. Carefully keep stirring and deglazing the pan. When its all dry the chicken is not just cooked but nice and juicy as well.