First the Rajma:
- About 250 gms of Red Beans soaked in water for at least 10 hours.
- 2 Onions, chopped.
- 2 Green Chilies.
- 2 Tomatoes.
- 1 Teaspoon of Ginger Garlic paste.
- 1 heaped Tablespoon of Coriander Powder.
- 1 heaped Tablespoon of Garam Masala Powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric.
- Mustard oil.
First saute the onions and green chilly in mustard oil till the onions are translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is gone. Add tomatoes, salt and turmeric. Cook till the tomatoes have completely softened. Add the coriander powder and garam masala. Let them cook on medium heat for about 5 mins.
Wash the soaked red beans. Use a colander under a tap to get them nice and clean. Add the beans to the masala and roast them for about 4-5 mins. Cover with water and pressure cook. One whistle on high and then simmer for about 20 mins. When pressure has dissipated, open and switch to high heat. Dry up the dish and also mash a couple of beans to get an overall creamy texture.
For the Millets:
- 1 cup of millets. I used Barnyard millet. Simply follow the instructions on the pack and cook them.
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2 dry red chilies.
- 2 teaspoons of all purpose seasoning.
Warm the olive oil. Tear and crush the chilies and add to the warm oil. Add the all purpose seasoning powder. Mix and let them stay warm for about 5-6 mins. Drizzle over the millets and mix well.