Silver Pomfret is the easiest fish to cleanup and prepare. Start by sharpening your knife. This is extremely important.
- Remove the tail and fins.
- Feel the skull and cut inwards from where the bone ends.
- Feel the jawline and cut inwards from where the bone ends.
- Both incisions must intersect to form a V.
- Free the head and pull firmly but slowly to pull out the stomach. If you do it right the entire thing will come out without breaking apart.
- Wash the opened cavity under running water.
The more you work on the mundane parts of cooking and cleaning the better you become as a cook.