This is the basic version of Chicken 65. Feel free to follow this recipe and add anything extra you want.
- Chicken about half a kilo or two breasts.
- Beaten curd, about 3 tablespoons.
- Ginger-Garlic paste about a tablespoon.
- Juice of two lemons.
- Cumin powder.
- Red Chilly Powder. Preferably use something like paprika or Kashmiri red chilies. That color will make the final dish look really good.
- Wheat flour, 2 tablespoons.
- Corn flour, 1 tablespoon.
- Rice flour, 1 tablespoon.
- Pepper for seasoning.
Wash and pat dry the chicken.
Mix together the curd, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, chilly powder, turmeric, cumin and salt. Taste it. It must not have any overpowering flavors. The exact ratio of spices depends on what your family likes.
Marinate the chicken in this paste for about 30 minutes.
In another bowl, combine together all the flours and season it with salt and pepper.
Dredge the chicken in this flour coating and fry on medium heat. If the heat it too high, then the coating will burn before the chicken cooks. Too low and you will have soggy coating.
This is the most basic chicken 65 recipe. Feel free to experiment with other spices and sauces as you like.