Three Boosters in this simple and healthy dish:
- Protein from Mutton
- Vitamin A from Sweet Potatoes
- Calcium and Iron from Fenugreek leaves.
- 200 gms of mutton, cut into small pieces.
- 1 Medium onion, chopped.
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 tomato, chopped.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- 100 grams of sweet potato, cut into 1 to 2 cm big pieces.
- 300 grams of finely chopped fenugreek leaves with their stems.
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala.
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric.
- 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste.
First we will prepare the meat with sweet potatoes. Saute the onions, green chilies and cumin in hot oil. When the onions turn translucent add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell has dissipated. Add the meat, turmeric, salt and garam masala. Roast for a couple of mins and then add the tomato and sweet potato. Use the moisture from these to deglaze the pan. Add a little water and pressure cook. After first whistle on high, let it simmer for about 20 mins.
Open the cooker when the pressure has dissipated and add the chopped feanugreek. Mix well. Close the cooker but don’t place the whistle on it. Let it cook on low heat. Keep a check on the steam that is coming out. Initially it will have a strong smell of the raw fenugreek. In about 5-10 mins, this will change to a much cleaner smell. The dish is ready for eating with either rice or rotis.