This is one of my goto vegetable dishes.
- a lentil, I used yellow Mung beans.
- a gourd, I used bottle gourd.
- a sturdy vegetable, I used beetroot.
- aromatics, I used onions, garlic, chilly and so on.
- a healthy fat, everyone must use ghee.
- some spices like cumin, fennel etc.
Soak the lentils in water. Yellow mung beans need just 20-30 minutes to soften up. Mix together the lentil, chopped bottle gourd, beetroot with salt. Pressure cook for one just one whistle.
Heat ghee, sauté the spices like cumin, fennel, mustard seeds. When they crackle, add in chopped onion, green chilly and garlic. When the raw smell is gone, get the heat high and when its sizzling up, add the pressure cooked vegetables. Be careful when doing this.
Add in some chopped coriander to brighten up the dish.
Enjoy with rice, roti or appams like I have served in the picture above.