Who does not love a nice sizzler!!!!!!!!
But with covid on, we have not been to a restaurant in over a year. So decided to set it up at home. I did not wish to buy anything extra for this and used the setup available at home.
- Super Heated Cast Iron Tawa.
- An old towel.
The platter consists of the following:
- Iceberg Lettuce washed and dried. This is the first layer on the hot tawa.
- Cauliflower, carrots and bell peppers cooked in butter with dried herbs. Simply mix them all and cook covered on low heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- Boneless chicken thighs, marinated in curd, lemon juice, chilly powder, turmeric and salt. Saute in mustard oil for 3-4 minutes and then cook on low heat covered for about 10 minutes. Open and dry it up on high heat.
- Rice cooked in butter with some spices..
- French Fries.
- Some sago papad.
- After plating everything, add a little ghee to the hot pan to get the smoke effect. I was very conservative in adding this ghee because I was planning on serving in my living room and did not want to fill it up with smoke.
- Plate everything on the hot pan while its on the stove.
- Setup the serving area on the floor. Spread out a newspaper and keep a folded towel on top of it.
- Keep the hot pan on this.
- This will keep the setup safe especially if you are serving the food for your kids. The focus should be on the food and not if someone is gonna get burnt.