This lockdown is forcing a lot of people back into their kitchens. One of the most common complaints is peeling garlic.
This is a simple tutorial on how, I do it in my kitchen.
- Place the Garlic, root side down in a mortar.
- Smash the stem with the pestle and it will end up releasing all the pods.
- Remove the garlic and separate the dry outer cover, stem and root from the pods.
- Put the pods in the mortar and gently hit with the pestle. Use enough force to crack open the skin without damaging the pods.
- Remove the skin. It will be as easy as unwrapping a toffee.
- To make a paste, add a little salt. This will provide enough friction to breakdown the garlic.
- I like to add some chilly, coriander and cumin seeds to the mortar, while making the garlic paste.
- This is a perfect marinade for almost everything.