Easy way to liven up a pasta dinner.
- A head of Broccoli, grated.
- Two tablespoons of butter.
- A teaspoon of flour.
- Approximately 100 ml of whole milk.
- A cheese slice.
- Seasoning of your choice.
- Chilly flakes.
- Freshly ground pepper.
- Pasta cooked in salted water as per instructions on its pack. Save a little of this starchy water. Time it so that the pasta is still hot when the sauce is done.
Melt a tablespoon of butter and then saute the grated broccoli in it. When the raw smell is gone, add the seasoning with chilly flakes. Taste and adjust accordingly.
Add in another tablespoon of butter. As soon as its melted, add a teaspoon of flour. Stir and cook till the raw smell of the flour is gone.
Slowly add in the milk. Keep stirring so that no lumps are formed. Season with pepper. Tear and add in the cheese slice. Use it to thicken the sauce.
Now dilute with a little bit of the starchy water. The consistency must be like thick soup. Add the sauce into the warm pasta. Stir and leave covered for about 10 mins.
This gives the sauce time to get absorbed into the warm pasta.