Weekday dinners need to be fun and quick.
- Mushrooms about 200 grams, cut into small pieces.
- Yellow or Red Capsicum, cut into small pieces.
- Oregano seasoning as per your preference.
- Butter about 2 tablespoons.
- Flour, a heaped teaspoon.
- A cup of milk at room temperature.
- As much processed cheese as you like.
Cook spaghetti in salted water by following the instructions on its pack. While its cooking, prepare the cheesy sauce.
Saute the mushrooms in a tablespoon of butter. When they have reduced in volume to almost a third, add the bell pepper. Sprinkle in the oregano seasoning and mix well.
Add the remaining butter and sprinkle the flour. Cook for a minute and when the raw smell of the flour has gone, add in the milk. Stir it well and take care to avoid any lumps. Reduce the heat and mix in the cheese. The cheese must fully melt into the sauce and this will also make it quite thick.
Take some of the salty water in which the spaghetti has been cooking and dilute the sauce. Drain the spaghetti and then mix it into the sauce.
Leave it covered for about 5-10 minutes so the sauce can get absorbed into the spaghetti.