A simple side dish for any grilled protein.
- Peas, frozen or fresh. About 200 grams.
- A tablespoon of Parmesan.
- Small bell peppers; 2 yellow, 2 red. Cut into rings.
- Cumin Powder, a teaspoon.
- 4-5 Shallots, chopped up.
- Couple of garlic cloves, chopped up.
- Mint leaves.
- Olive oil.
Get water to a boil. Season with salt and add the peas. Cook on medium heat. When the peas have softened, drain and keep aside.
Put the pepper rings into the pan. High heat. Drizzle some olive oil on it. Let them char a little. Cook for about 3-4 minutes to get the raw smell out and nutty flavor in. Remove and keep aside.
Saute shallots and garlic in olive oil. Add cumin powder. Mix. Add in the peppers and peas. Switch off the stove and stir in the mint leaves and Parmesan.