A simple way to creamy chicken that is a good blend of cream, tomato and garlic.
- Chicken. Preferably boneless breast pieces, cut into largish pieces.
- Any generic chicken masala or garam masala powder.
- Turmeric powder.
- Red chilly powder.
- Garlic paste, at least 2 tablespoons.
- Tomato paste, 1 tablespoon.
- Fresh cream, 2 tablespoons.
- Lots of finely chopped fresh coriander.
Rub 1 tablespoon of garlic paste, red chilly powder, chicken masala, salt and a little oil on the chicken pieces. Let it marinate for a couple of minutes.
Get a nonstick pan to moderate heat, put the chicken pieces in it. Spread them out. Cover the pan. Leave it on medium heat for about 10 minutes. This will allow enough time for the chicken to get browned on one side.
Remove the chicken and keep aside.
In the same pan, add a tablespoon of garlic paste and tomato paste. Lightly roast this in the pan and try to remove whatever masala is stuck, I highly recommend using a silicone spoon for doing this. When the raw smell has gone and this will ideally take less than 3 minutes, add the chopped coriander. This will easily de-glaze the pan. Add in cream. Stir in it. Add the chicken pieces back into the pan. Cook covered on low heat about 10 minutes.