It looks so pretty, I am not going to waste words to describe it.
- A couple of fish steaks. Used Seer fish.
- Two onions, chopped up.
- Two tomatoes, chopped up.
- Lots of coriander, chopped up.
- Two green chilies, chopped up.
- A teaspoon of ginger garlic paste.
- A tablespoon of pepper pods.
- A teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- A teaspoon of coriander powder.
- A little turmeric.
- A little olive oil.
- Mustard oil.
Saute onions in mustard oil. When they are beyond translucent, add in the ginger garlic. When the raw smell is gone, add all the other ingredients except the olive oil and fish. Season with salt.
Cook till the oil has separated and there is no water left in the pan. Move everything to one side, tilt the pan. If there is even a small drip of water, its not yet done and continue cooking.
Let it cool. Grind in a mixie. Add in a little olive oil to help emulsify it into a smooth paste.
Cover the fish with this masala. Bake in an over proof dish for about 40 minutes at 180C. Keep it covered for the first 20-25 minutes.
Mix well and enjoy.