The advantage of chicken is that not only doe sit taste good but also cooks really quick.
For this simple salad, you need:
- Chinese Cabbage : roughly chopped.
- Red bell pepper : finely chopped.
- Chicken breast, cut into small pieces.
- Some slivered almonds
For the chicken:
- Simply rub some chilly powder, turmeric and salt on the chicken. Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
For the dressing:
- Combine together the juice of a lemon, finely chopped coriander, chilly flakes, garlic. Mix together. Then season with salt. Slowly add in extra virgin olive oil. Add till the consistency is what you like.
Heat butter, add in the chicken pieces. They will cook in less than 4-5 minutes. Just before they are done, add in the almond slivers. Mix and remove.
In a bowl, lay out the cabbage, toss in the bell pepper. Spread out the chicken and almonds. Drizzle the dressing.