Most recipes ask you to make special powders and use some vague ingredients. But all you need are some tomatoes and coriander to make a yummy dish with chicken.
- Half a kilo of chicken with bones.
- 2 Medium sized onions, chopped up into small pieces.
- 4 medium tomatoes, finely diced.
- A big bunch of coriander, leaves and stems. Finely chopped.
- A couple of garlic pods, crushed and chopped.
- A tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste.
- Red chilly Powder, about a teaspoon or two. Depending on your preference.
- Coriander powder about a tablespoon.
- Black pepper powder, about a teaspoon or two. Depending on your preference.
Use a pan that has a lid. Heat it up. Add in oil. When the oil is nice and hot, saute the garlic and onions. When the raw smell is gone and the onions are translucent, add the chilly powder, turmeric, coriander powder and ginger-garlic paste. Give it a nice mix and add the chicken pieces. Use high heat and let the chicken get seared. Season with salt. Add the tomatoes and coriander. Mix well.
Cover and let it cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. When you open the lid, there will be a lot of liquid. Dry it up on high heat. Sprinkle black pepper powder. Mix well.
When the consistency is thick, switch off the stove and leave it covered for about 10 minutes.