This is a super simple vegan recipe that needs very few ingredients but has a lovely burst of flavors.
- A large Brinjal / Egg Plant / Aubergine, cut into small pieces.
- Four large tomatoes, cut into small pieces.
- A cup full of cut Sorrel leaves. Sorrel is also popularly called as Khatti Palak (Sour Spinach)
- A teaspoon of red chilly powder.
- A tablespoon of coriander powder.
In a large heavy pan spread out the cut brinjal. Spread out the tomatoes on top of it. Leave this on a stove with medium to high heat. Let them steam away and roast for at least 10 mins. Don’t worry about anything burning. The brinjal tastes better that way.
Sprinkle the red chilly powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well. Cook on medium heat till the everything has softened up. Add the sorrel leaves. The leaves along with the sourness of the tomatoes will complement the mild taste of the egg plant.
You can either use this as topping on crackers or just mix with rice.