- 4 Apples. Cored and cut into small pieces.
- 2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar.
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter.
- 1 teaspoon or so of Cinnamon Powder.
- A pinch of salt.
- Flour (Maida) about a cup.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- Approximately 1 cup of milk.
Take the apples in a pan. Cook them on low heat for about 5-6 mins. This will allow all the water from washing them to dry up. Add the brown sugar, salt, cinnamon powder and butter. Cook on low heat till the apples have fully softened. This may take as much as 30 minutes. Let it cool.
While its cooling, combine together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix them well using a sieve. If you have the time, use a sieve. I rarely do that and instead rely on my trusty whisk.
Once the apples have cooled, add 3/4 cup of milk into it.
Mix in the wet and dry ingredients. Stir them in till they are well mixed and the consistency if like cake batter. If needed add some milk.
Place parchment paper at the base of a baking dish. Pour in the batter. Preheated oven,. 30 minutes at 180C. When a toothpick comes out clean, its done.