This is a recipe that is very simple and does not need your constant attention.
- 250 grams of Okra, Heads and tails snipped and cut into small rings.
- 2 Tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- 1 onion, cut into 8 pieces.
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric.
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder.
- 3 teaspoons of coriander powder.
- Indian Sesame Oil (Gingelly or til oil) about 3 tablespoons.
This entire recipe will be cooked using low heat.
Start warming the sesame oil. Add in the onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle some salt. Then mix and leave them alone for about ten mins. When they have softened, add the coriander powder. red chilly powder and turmeric. Add in the Okra. Mix well and let it cook till the okra has softened to the level you like. Ideally 10-12 minutes is enough.
Do not cover the dish. Do not use high heat. Just them cook on a relaxed pace. Once in a while stir out the masala that has stuck to the base of the pan.
Serve with either roti’s or rice.