- 2 Medium Beets, Grate them using the attachment that yields long strips.
- Water Amaranth or Ponnaganti Kura, couple of bunches.
- 5-6 Garlic cloves, sliced up.
- Coriander Seeds about a teaspoon.
- Cumin Seeds about a teaspoon.
- Freshly ground pepper powder as per taste.
- Two tablespoons of mustard oil.
This is a relatively simple recipe. We are using an oil, which already has a rich flavor in it. We complement that flavor by sauteing the cumin, coriander seeds and garlic in it. Use low to medium heat. We don’t want to burn anything. As it starts smelling real nice and the garlic is still white, add the leaves. Stir fry in the open vessel at medium to high heat, till the greens start becoming a bright shade of green. This is an indication that they are almost cooked. Beets don’t really need to be cooked. So we add them now and mix them in. When the contents have all become hot, sprinkle pepper powder and season with a little salt. Switch off the stove and continue mixing everything.
Serve with a dollop of curd. If you want it Vegan, then replace with any equivalent condiment of your choice.
This is an excellent low calorie but loaded with vitamins and minerals kind of meal.