A simple one pot meal that everyone will love.
- 300 Grams of chicken. Avoid using the breast pieces.
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced.
- 3 green chilies, roughly chopped.
- 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped up.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon of pepper powder.
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- 200 ml of curd.
- 600 ml of water.
- 200 grams of Macaroni pasta.
- Chopped coriander leaves.
Whisk the curd, add the water to it. Mix well till no lumps remain and keep aside.
In a pressure cooker heat about 3 tablespoons of oil. Saute the macaroni in it for about 4-5 mins. Remove the macaroni and keep them aside. While this is an optional step it gives the macaroni a lovely flavor boost and is highly recommended.
Saute the onions and green chilies. Once the onions are translucent, add the ginger garlic paste. Fry till its becoming brown but not quite brown. Add the chicken pieces and cook till they are all white on the outside. Add the turmeric, coriander power and pepper powder. Cook till the raw edge has gone.
Add the tomatoes and coriander leaves. Strain the curd water and add it. This will prevent any lumps from getting into the pan. Continue in low to medium heat. Add the macaroni after the contents in the cooker have started to get a bit of boil. The macaroni must be fully covered in the liquid. Pressure cook on high for 2 whistles.
Let the pressure subside completely before opening the cooker.
Enjoy a very delicious meal.