Both Black eyed peas and Carrots are a rich source of Vitamin A. The yellow baby corns contains carotenoids. Making this a great dish for your eyesight.
Other benefits include a good amount of proteins, iron and folate.
Black Eyed Peas:
- 250 grams of black eyed peas, soaked overnight in water.
- 1 inch of ginger cut into matchsticks.
- 1 inch of ginger finely chopped.
- 3 green chilies, roughly chopped.
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala.
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Turmeric powder.
Butter Grilled Baby Corn and Carrots:
- Some baby corn.
- Carrot cut into the same size as the baby corns.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of red chilly flakes.
Wash the soaked black eyes peas multiple times. Heat some oil in a pressure pan. Saute turmeric powder, green chilies and the ginger matchsticks. When fragrant add the black eyed peas. Mix well. Sprinkle the garam masala, coriander powder and chopped ginger. Drizzle 3-4 tablespoons of water. Pressure cook on high for the first whistle. Switch it off. You can garnish with chopped onions, coriander etc.
Melt the butter, if needed use a microwave. Its a quick and easy way to do make it soft. Mix the red chilly flakes. Liberally coat this on the baby corns and carrot pieces. Get a girdle pan to high heat. Spread out the baby corn and carrots. Let them sizzle for about a min. Then start tossing them around till all sides are cooked. This will take you no more than 2-3 mins. Switch off but let them remain in the hot pan for about 5 mins.
Serve and enjoy.