- Mutton: 300 grams.
- Onions: 3, finely diced.
- Tomatoes, 2 large, roughly chopped.
- Ridge Gourd, about a kilo. Peeled and cut into rings. Always taste raw to check if it’s bitter. Discard if bitter.
- Ginger Garlic Paste, a tablespoon.
- Red chilly powder, as per taste.
- Turmeric powder, a teaspoon.
- Coriander powder, a tablespoon.
Saute onions till they are translucent. Cut meat into small pieces. Add to the onions. Two mins of high heat and then let it simmer. Now start working on the ridge gourd. After you peel them add the ginger garlic paste to the onions.
Once in a while keep an eye on the mutton. Since it’s low heat, they are safe.
Chop the tomatoes, add to the onions along with coriander powder, turmeric and red chilly powder. Season with salt. Leave the stove on low heat.
Now cut the ridge gourd into rings. By the time you are done the tomatoes would have separated the oil. Add the ridge gourd. Sprinkle two tablespoons of water and pressure cook on high for one whistle. Let it simmer on low for ten minutes.
When safe, open the cooker and use high heat to bring to desired consistency.
Enjoy with rice or rotis.