- Ginger, fixes indigestion and congestion. Chop up a 2 inch piece into small chunks.
- Spring Onions, helps with flu and colds. Chop up both the root and stems into small pieces. Use about 5-6 plants.
- Carrots, help with immunity and loaded with anti oxidants. Make into small rings.
- Whole Black Pepper, great for fighting colds and coughs. Add a loaded tablespoon.
- Capsicum, anti-inflammatory and an analgesic. Chop one into pieces.
- Turmeric powder, too many health benefits to note. A heaped teaspoon.
- 300 gms of Chicken. Preferably with skin and use bony pieces. I used the back as that is the boniest part.
- 2 sheet of rice paper. Or the broken pieces in a pack, which you cannot use as a wrap.
Use a heavy bottomed pan with a lid. Heat oil. Sear the chicken by keep it skin side down. Cover with lid as there will splatter. Leave it on high heat. Watch the color of the chicken change into white. When its fully white, add all the vegetables into it and leave it on medium heat. About 5 minutes later add enough water to submerge it all. Keep high heat till the water starts bubbling.
Add turmeric and salt. Turmeric contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Whole Black pepper increases the absorption of curcumin by over 2000%.
Add the rice paper pieces and mix them into the hot soup. Cover and cook on low heat for at least 45 mins. The longer it cooks, the more the flavors will develop. They will also make your home smell super awesome.