- A couple of pieces of chicken preferably with skin on.
- A large aubergine, cut into large pieces.
- A carrot. Skip this if you are into the Keto Diet.
- A spring onion. The bulbs kept whole, the leaf chopped into 1 cm pieces.
- Olive Oil.
- Pepper and any dry seasoning powders or herbs.
Layer the baking dish with olive oil, aubergine, carrot, spring onions bulbs. Cover with the chopped spring onion leaves. Place chicken on top of this green bed.
Sprinkle salt, pepper and seasoning.
Preheated oven at 210 C. Roast at 210C for 20 mins. Then continue baking at 190C for 40 mins. Remove chicken from the pan. Mix vegetables and you will find there is a lot of water collected. Broil with only top heat set at a good 250C for about 5 mins or so.
Enjoy with a cucumber-pomegranate-greek yogurt salad.