This uses no heavy cream or cheese to be a very tasty but at the same time a super light dish.
- 200 grams of de-veined prawns.
- 2 Medium finely diced onions.
- 10 cloves of finely diced garlic.
- 3 dried red chilies, broken into smaller pieces.
- A fistful of any greens you want. If none, then simply add coriander or parsley.
- Cooked and drained Spaghetti. Have enough for at least two or three portions.
- Olive oil.
- A teaspoon of dried herbs. Use any you like.
Heat olive oil and add the onions, garlic, greens (I used Malabar Spinach) and dry red chilies. Cook on low till the raw smell is gone. Add the prawns and cook on low heat, covered for approximately 7-8 mins. This is enough time for the prawns to be more than 90% cooked. There will be a lot of juices collected in the pan. This is our sauce.
Add the spaghetti. Season with salt, pepper and add the dried herbs. Continue cooking on low heat till the consistency is just right. Remember the spaghetti will also absorb a lot of it.
Garnish with thin slices of a tomato.
Enjoy a guilt free lunch or dinner.