For the Mutton Shami, you need:
- Boneless mutton about 300 gms.
- One medium onion, roughly chopped.
- 2 tablespoons of Channa Dhal, soaked in water for at least 10 mins.
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped.
- 1 teaspoon of Ginger Garlic paste.
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon red chilly powder.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- Some fresh coriander.
- A little salt.
Combine all ingredients. Sprinkle a little water and pressure cook. On high till first whistle and then simmer for about 20 mins. Open and remove the mutton pieces. Reduce the gravy till its consistency is very thick. Grind into a paste. You can either go very fine or leave a few pieces of dhall whole. Its totally your choice.
Shallow fry in oil after shaping into patties. You decide the shapes and sizes.
To make a burger, lightly toast the bun. Apply mayonnaise or tartar sauce on both the top and bottom pieces. This will make the bun a little water proof. It will prevent the other fillings from making it soggy. Between the two pieces its your choice. Generally sliced cucumber, tomato, onion and the meat with a slice of cheese works well. I skipped adding any more condiments, but you can add mustard sauce or ketchup.