- 200 grams of button mushrooms, chopped up.
- 1 red pepper.
- A tablespoon of all purpose seasoning.
- Grated cheese about four or five healed tablespoons.
- Garlic cloves, chopped.
- Two tablespoons of olive oil.
- One readymade Puff Pastry sheet.
- One beaten egg or milk for glazing.
To prepare the filling, first saute the garlic in olive oil. Then cook the mushrooms on high heat till they have lost almost all their water comment. Add the red pepper and cook on low heat till there is very little moisture left. Let it cool.
Spread out the puff pastry. Cut parallel lines about a cm apart. They must extend from the base to about 3 inches from the top. So there is a three inch band on top. Place grated cheese in this area. Keep the cooked mushrooms on top of the cheese. Roll down the band.
Rotate the rolled pastry to form a doughnut shape. Brush either a beaten egg or milk.
Bake for about 20-30 mins at 200 C.
Let it cool before you serve it. The cheese will be very hot and when you invariably burn your tongue, remember I did warn you.