- One medium onion, chopped.
- Two medium tomatoes, chopped.
- Three green chillies, chopped.
- An inch of Ginger diced.
- About half of kilo of small egg plants, cut into one cm size pieces.
- Hundred grams of shelled and deveined prawns.
- Two teaspoons of coriander powder.
- Some coriander leaves and stems, finely diced.
Heat any oil and saute the onions, ginger and green chillies till the raw edge is gone. Add tomatoes, salt, turmeric and coriander powder. Mix well. After about a minute or two add the egg plants and mix well. Cook covered on low heat for about fifteen minutes. Occasionally open and stir them to avoid the base from getting burnt. When the egg plants are almost done add the prawns.
Mix well and cook covered on the lowest heat setting for about ten minutes. Garnish with fresh Coriander.
Serve with rice or rotis.