- 1 Cup (200 ml) brown rice, washed and soaked for about 30 mins.
- 300 gms of boneless chicken breast, cut into small pieces.
- 300 gms of pumpkin, cut into small pieces.
- 2 tablespoons of garlic paste.
- 2 teaspoons of red chilly powder.
- A big bunch of coriander.
While the brown rice is soaking in water, rub garlic paste and red chilly powder on the chicken and let it marinate as well.
Heat any flavorful oil like coconut oil. Saute the chicken till its almost cooked. This will not take more than 6-7 mins. Remove and keep aside.
In the oil that has picked up a lot of amazing flavors from the chicken, roast the brown rice. As it dries up add the pumpkin pieces. Meanwhile start boiling 2 cups of water. When the water has reached the boiling point, add the chicken to the rice and wash it down with the hot water. Mix well. Season with salt.
Divide the coriander into two parts. The stems and some leaves on one side and the remaining leaves into another. Add the finely chopped stems and pressure cook. Two whistles on high and then let it simmer on low for at least 20 mins.
When the pressure has dissipated, add the chopped coriander leaves.