- Paneer about 200 gms. Store bought paneer must be soaked in warm water for at least 15 mins.
- 1 medium onion sliced thin.
- 1 Capsicum. Red or Yellow are usually sweeter than green and hence preferred.
- 1 Medium tomato chopped small.
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste.
- Kasuri Methi or Coriander for garnishing.
- Cumin about a teaspoon.
- A chopped up green chilly.
- 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- A quarter teaspoon of turmeric.
First you heat the oil. I like mustard oil for its added flavor but any oil will do. Saute the cumin. When they have crackled, add the onion and green chilly. When the raw smell is gone add the turmeric, tomato paste, tomato, salt and ginger garlic paste. Mix well and cook on high to medium heat till the raw smell of the ginger garlic paste has gone. The tomatoes would have also cooked by now.
Add the capsicum and cook on medium heat for about 5-6 mins. Meanwhile cut the paneer into small cubes and add them. Coat the paneer till its fully colored in the masala. Garnish with kasuri methi or coriander.
Serve with rotis.