- Boneless Chicken Breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- Garlic paste a little more than a teaspoon.
- Paprika powder about 2 teaspoons.
- 5 medium beets thickly grated.
- 2 medium carrots thickly grated.
- 2 tablespoons of mustard sauce.
Use a spoon to evenly coat the chicken pieces with the garlic paste, paprika and salt. Grate the beets and carrots, while the chicken marinates.
Heat a pan. Lightly drizzle oil. When its hot, add the chicken and spread them around. Watch as the color changes from pink to white. When the pink is less than the white, flip them around and cook till done. Do NOT overcook. There will be a little burnt residue sticking to the pan. Do NOT disturb it. Remove the chicken pieces and keep aside.
Put in a quarter of the grated beets and use them to deglaze the pan. Add in the remaining beets and carrots. Cook on medium heat for about 6-7 mins. When they have sufficiently softened add the mustard sauce and mix well. The mustard not only adds in a lot of flavor but also makes the beets get a nice and glamorous sheen on them.