This is a family favorite. Goes very well with both rotis and rice.
- 200 gms of shelled and de-veined prawns.
- 2 Onions finely chopped.
- 3 Tomatoes roughly cut up.
- 3 Medium potatoes cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 Large brinjal cut up or 7 to 8 small brinjals slit in the middle.
- 2 Medium carrots, this is optional.
- 1 whole green chilly
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of coriander powder
- Finely chopped coriander leaves.
Heat oil and saute the onions with the green chilly, till translucent. Add turmeric and tomatoes. Season with salt. Cook on medium heat till the tomatoes have completely softened. Mix in the coriander powder.
Add the prawns and cook them for 2-3 minutes. They will start turning white in no time. Add the carrots, potatoes, brinjal and coriander leaves. Mix really well. Everything must get coated with the masala. Sprinkle a little water.
Pressure cook for exactly one whistle. As soon as the whistle starts, reduce heat to low. Switch off the stove after 5 mins.
Open only after the pressure has fully dissipated.
Enjoy a yummy side dish, which carries the flavors of its core ingredients.