- 5-6 small beetroots. Chopped into long thin pieces.
- One teaspoon of Mustard seeds.
- One teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- 4-5 green chilies, chopped up.
- 1 inch piece of ginger, chopped up.
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut oil.
- 300 gms of thick curd, whisked till no lumps remain.
Saute the spices in hot coconut oil till its developed a nice aroma. Add the beets and cook on medium heat till tender.
Let it cool completely. Do NOT proceed to next step till its completely cooled.
Mix in the yogurt.
The sweetness of the beets, the spicy green chilies, balanced by the curd.
That it looks gorgeous is another reason to make this often.