- Broccoli, cut and blanched.
- Capsicum, yellow or red.
- A bunch of Basil leaves, chopped up.
- Garlic cloves, roughly chopped up.
- A lemon.
- Dry red chilies and chilly flakes.
- Salt and pepper for seasoning.
Heat olive oil and toss in the garlic and chillies. Stir Fry for two to three minutes and then add the capsicum. When slightly tender, add the broccoli, Basil leaves, salt and pepper.
Lemon zest and lemon juice. Switch off the stove.
Note: add only as much lemon juice as you want. We want it to be a mild flavor that enhances the Basil and not over power it.
Enjoy a quick and sprightly salad.