- Any gourd like ridge gourd or bottle gourd.
- Any lentils like Toor, Red Lentils (Masoor Dal) or Petite yellow lentils (Mung Dal) soaked for about 30 minutes.
- Any Greens like Spinach or Amaranth leaves.
- Ginger, dry red chilies, coriander seeds and cumin.
- Onions or preferably shallots.
- Turmeric and Coriander powder.
- Coconut oil.
Heat the oil and saute the spices to make it fragrant. Saute the onions/ shallots. Once translucent add the gourd.
Cook for about 5-6 mins on high heat and then sprinkle some turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix in the lentils and cook for another 4-5 mins.
Add the greens and cook covered on low heat for about 7-8 minutes.
Dry it up on high heat and enjoy a super healthy meal. This does not need any rice or bread. Eat it as it is.