A simple and quick dish that goes great with both rice and roti.
- Grind up three dry red chilies, cumin and coriander seeds. Keep aside.
- Three or four very finely sliced onions.
- Two tablespoons of tomato paste.
- One large potato.
- 300 gms of mutton with bone.
- 100 gms of thick and beaten curd.
- Star anise, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon. As per your preference.
- Turmeric powder, one teaspoon.
- Salt as per taste.
Melt a tablespoon of butter in about 50 ml of cooking oil. Fry the star anise, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick. Then fry the onions till they become a almost brown but not quite dark brown. Season with salt and turmeric.
Add the meat and mix well till the meat turns white. Add the ground up spices and the tomato paste. Mix well and cook for about five minutes. Take off the heat and add the curd. Mix till no lumps are visible and return to heat. Add a little water if you want.
Pressure cook for two whistles.
Open after pressure is dissipated. Add potato pieces and pressure cook for one whistle and let it simmer with the weight on for about five mins.
Garnish with coriander leaves.