Okra or ladies finger is a very healthy vegetable that has only one drawback. Its sticky when cooked and hence a lot of people tend to avoid it.
There are simple tips that you can follow, which will make them super tasty and have your kids asking for more.
- Wash them before you cut them.
- Do not remove the bottom part and only cut the top off.
- Initially cook them at high heat.
- They absorb salt really well so season them with pinch more than you plan on.
- Do not make small pieces instead buy small ones and cook them whole.
- Do not overcook.
Heat sesame oil. Add chopped green chilies and some turmeric powder. Add shallots and fry till they are golden. Season with salt and coriander powder.
Stir it well and then add the okra.Mix and cook on high to medium heat. Okra is safe to eat even when its raw. So after some 5 to 7 minutes, eat one. If it feels like its done. Its done.